Provo-Petersen & Associates, P. A.
8649 Eagle Point Boulevard
Lake Elmo, MN 55042
Christopher J. Van Rybroek graduated from the Valparaiso University School of Law in 2011. While in law school, Chris clerked for private firms and governmental entities performing duties related to civil litigation, criminal law, and estate planning, probate, and trusts. He also was a Student Representative in the Valparaiso University Tax Clinic where he represented low-income taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service and Indiana Department of Revenue.
After graduating from law school, he was the Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Joseph A. Evans in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota, and for the Honorable Geoffrey W. Tenney in Buffalo, Minnesota. During his clerkship, Chris was exposed to diverse practice areas including civil litigation, criminal law, probate, and family law but developed a specific interest in Insurance Defense. Chris joined Provo-Petersen & Associates, P.A. as an Associate Attorney in May 2014 and handles Subrogation, Motor Vehicle No-Fault Arbitration, and general civil defense claims. Chris is licensed to practice law in the State of Minnesota and the State of Iowa.
Chris is an avid Green Bay Packers fan. In his free time, Chris enjoys spending time with his wife, other family and friends, running, swimming, reading, and sampling craft beers.
Current Employment Position(s)
Areas of Practice
- Insurance Coverage
- Civil Litigation - Defense
- Minnesota, 2011
- Iowa, 2012
- Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Indiana, 2011
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Illinois, 2007
Major: Saxophone Performance
- Procedural Issues and Discovery under the New Rules of Civil Procedure (Rule 5.04), Uninsured, Underinsured, No-Fault Insurance & Bodily Injury Update, February 20, 2015.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association